Presenter: Jonathan Prousky, ND, MSc, MA, RP
Format: 3 modules (video presentations)
In this three-part module course for clinicians of all specialties, Dr. Prousky, makes a case for moderating stress and anxiety symptoms by using a pragmatic treatment philosophy – derived from contemporary stress and neurobiological research – to support enhanced clinical outcomes. Protocols to treat stress and common anxiety disorders will enable you to maximize therapeutic interventions for your patients.
- Stress and Allostasis: Module 1 begins with a review of evidence-based concepts from stress research, i.e., allostasis, allostatic load, and allostatic overload, in the context of emotional regulation. The discussion will focus on the various causes and contributors of stress that patients contend with, and how this profoundly impacts their physiology and neurobiology.
- Anxiety and Fear: Module 2 commences with a discussion on the neurobiology of anxiety, the construct of fear, and the overgeneralization of fear to harmless stimuli or situations that characterize anxiety disorders. Then, we will review therapeutic opportunities to mitigate fear and anxiety mechanisms, as a way to optimize the therapeutic management of anxiety disorders.
- Evidence-Based Natural Health Products (NHPs): Module 3 reviews evidenced-based modalities and NHPs that lower the intensity of emotional overwhelm to reduce pathophysiological harms to the brain and body. These treatments will be thoroughly discussed, including their expected benefits, integration with commonly prescribed psychiatric medication, and possible adverse effects. Above all, the use of evidence-based modalities and NHPs will be articulated as putative treatments to lessen the impact of chronic stress and anxiety, to clinically support allostasis, and a more regulated neurobiological system.
- Describe basic concepts from contemporary stress research, including their relevance to emotional regulation
- Explain basic brain mechanisms that get activated from chronic stress and anxiety
- Explain how the overgeneralization of fear to harmless stimuli or situations contributes to the chronicity of anxiety disorders
- Describe specific evidence-based modalities and natural health products that facilitate allostasis and support neurobiological processes
Let’s redefine mental wellness together.
Sign-up now for the latest in functional news and research, course launches, exclusive offers and more.
By submitting your information, you agree to receive future email communications from us. We promise to keep your information private, and you can easily unsubscribe at any time.