Learn about functional, integrative and nutritional psychiatry.
Why use functional and integrative psychiatry with your patients?
Mental illness should be seen as a reflection of multiple internal imbalances. If we understand the causes of these imbalances, we will understand the cures.
Functional medicine is an individualized, patient-centered approach to treatment that focuses on balancing the body’s biology and systems by treating the underlying causes of illness and disease.
Functional and integrative psychiatry is a whole-body approach to treating psychiatric conditions like depression, anxiety, or ADHD. This approach identifies the root causes of mental illness in order to treat and restore health of the body and brain.
The root causes of mental illness are unique to each patient, and may be genetic, biochemical, nutritional, hormonal or environmental. Functional and integrative medicine targets these root causes, along with the underlying chemistry affecting brain and behavior, to promote healing and recovery. Through precision testing and treatment of body deficiencies and imbalances, functional medicine can help patients achieve healing beyond what traditional treatment can provide.
Functional and integrative psychiatry provides an enhanced way to treat psychiatric conditions and care for the whole-person, not just their symptoms.
Conventional psychiatry relies heavily upon pharmaceuticals to reduce the symptoms of mental illness. It assumes there is a neurotransmitter imbalance and that medication will alleviate symptoms. However, there are far more factors that influence mental health than just neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin.
Functional psychiatry, on the other hand, treats the underlying imbalances that are causing the symptoms in the first place. By resolving these imbalances, patients have a greater change at lasting recovery and overall wellness.
Are you ready to improve patient care and outcomes with functional and integrative approaches?
Master the functional medicine skills to help your patients find lasting wellness and balance. Enroll now in our yearlong, online Fellowship in Functional and Integrative Psychiatry for healthcare professionals.
Functional Medicine Helps Clinicians:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Incorporate objective biologic testing into clinical assessment
- Apply diagnostic protocols in order to create scientifically informed, yet personalized treatment plans
- Treat the whole person, not just test results and diagnoses
- Address root etiologic causes, not just symptoms
- Implement integrated orthomolecular protocols to maximize patient therapy
- Feel confident and empowered to participate in the evolution of modern psychiatry
Functional Medicine Helps Patients:
- Discover the biological, genetic, and environmental factors that are affecting their mental health
- Learn about how these factors influence brain and behavior
- Develop the tools necessary to ask the right questions about mental illness
- Move beyond prescriptions and collaborate with their healthcare providers in a search that is personal and meaningful
- Find motivation and strength as they begin to address the root causes of their condition
- Cultivate hope for relief, remission, and lasting recovery from mental illness
Explore more in functional medicine and integrative psychiatry.
Stay in the know.
Sign-up now for updates, news and exclusive offers! Let’s redefine mental wellness together.
By submitting your information, you agree to receive future email communications from us. We promise to keep your information private, and you can easily unsubscribe at any time.