- An educational platform for practitioners who seek to move beyond symptom management or suppression
- An opportunity to offer patients real recovery and lasting wellness
- A community of professionals with a common goal: to provide personalized, whole-body treatment
- A beacon of hope for individuals struggling with mental illness and are tired of “one size fits all” treatment
- A bridge between discovery and clinical application—a fusing of therapeutic models with the latest in scientific research
- A new model of care for mental health professionals, patients, family members, and caregivers who have struggled for too long
- An approach that focuses not only on neurologic health, but physical and emotional wellness
- A functional roadmap integrating mind and body to achieve balance and lasting health
- A care approach to transform the field of psychiatry and integrate the path of science
Psychiatry is in need of a paradigm shift.
Scientific research has established the complex interplay of biologic, genetic, and environmental factors creates a dynamic continuum of human thought and behavior. However, psychiatry’s application of this knowledge lags far behind that of other medical disciplines. Likewise, the treatment of mental illness remains a substantial challenge.
Over the last few decades, the number of patients with psychiatric disorders and neurologic disease has skyrocketed, causing a surge of medical burden that psychiatry seems increasingly ill-equipped to address.
Mental illnesses are being treated according to therapeutic models that have changed little over the last half-century. Patients with unique symptoms are being tucked into diagnostic categories that are outdated and misunderstood. They are then offered treatment geared primarily towards symptom management—treatment that does not account for biologic individuality.
Over-reliance upon pharmaceutical interventions is rampant, driven by a multitude of factors including convenience and assumption—the assumption that treatment that is effective for one patient will be effective for another. Epidemiologic data demonstrates that this model is not adequate. While medical disciplines refine their methodologies as science advances, psychiatry is at a standstill, still using incomplete approaches and models that aren’t improving patient outcomes.
It’s time to change our approach to mental health care and redefine treatment. Patients deserve better hope and tools for recovery. Clinicians need the education and protocols to support lasting recovery. It’s time we enhance psychiatric care. We can do better.
Join us in our efforts to transform the field of psychiatry with compassionate, personalized patient care.
We Can Do Better. We Have To Do Better.
Learn About Our Founder
A pioneer in the field of integrative medicine, James M. Greenblatt, MD, has treated patients since 1988. After receiving his medical degree and completing his psychiatry residency at George Washington University, Dr. Greenblatt completed a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Medical School. Dr. Greenblatt served as the Chief Medical Officer at Walden Behavioral Care in Waltham, MA for nearly 20 years, and is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Tufts University School of Medicine and Dartmouth College Geisel School of Medicine.
An acknowledged integrative medicine expert, educator, and author, Dr. Greenblatt has lectured internationally on the scientific evidence for nutritional interventions in psychiatry and mental illness. Through three decades of practice and research, Dr. Greenblatt is a leading contributor to helping physicians and patients understand the role of personalized medicine for mental illness.
He is the author of eight books, including the best-seller, Finally Focused: The Breakthrough Natural Treatment Plan for ADHD. His updated edition of Answers to Anorexia was released in October 2021 and his newest book, Functional & Integrative Medicine for Antidepressant Withdrawal is available now.
Stay in the know.
Sign-up now for updates, news and exclusive offers! Let’s redefine mental wellness together.
By submitting your information, you agree to receive future email communications from us. We promise to keep your information private, and you can easily unsubscribe at any time.