This 3-month online intensive (previously known as the “ADHD Fellowship”) draws clinical inspiration from the best-selling book Finally Focused by James Greenblatt, MD, pioneer in the field of functional psychiatry and founder of Psychiatry Redefined (PR).
In this convenient online program, Dr. Greenblatt introduces his breakthrough Plus/Minus treatment plan for ADHD patients, providing a comprehensive overview of the biochemistry that contributes to this disorder, as well as corresponding functional medicine treatment strategies.
- 3-module course approved for 4.0 CME credits
- 6 hours of lectures from The New England Conference on ADHD
- 5 live group sessions with faculty for syllabus topic reviews and case discussions
- 3-month membership to the private PR Listserv
- 1-year access to all program curriculum
Next 3-month session begins January 2022.
Session will run approximately January-March 2022; specific dates TBD.
Questions about the program and future dates? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Ready to utilize a functional, patient-centric model of care in your practice?
Learn from Esteemed Clinicians
Register today and receive 6 hours of exclusive lectures from the New England Conference on ADHD!
Strength-Based Treatment: What I Have Learned About ADHD in 67 Years
by Edward Hallowell, MD
Nutritional Solutions for ADHD
by James Greenblatt, MD
Genetic Testing and Personalized Medications for ADHD
by Jay Lombard, DO
Environmental Toxins, ADHD, and Behavioral Problems
by William Shaw, PhD
Included in the program:
Functional Medicine for ADHD Course
by James Greenblatt, MD
What You’ll Learn
- In Module 1, we present a neurobiological model of ADHD that relies on discovering and treating nutritional deficiencies, genetics, and environmental factors, primarily as they relate to lead or copper exposure.
- Module 2 explains the role of macronutrients—lipids, proteins, and carbohydrates—in the presentation of ADHD symptoms, along with the factors contributing to altered glucose metabolism that are commonly observed in ADHD populations. Dr. Greenblatt will also examine the roles of amino acids and vitamin D, therapeutic applications of oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs), and a patient’s genetic profile in the absorption of particular lipids.
- In Module 3, we examine micronutrients and provide evidence-based functional medicine strategies for treating ADHD—copper/zinc balance, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and lithium. Guidelines for testing, recommendations for supplementation and augmentation, and specific clinical pearls will be provided, with an emphasis on the practical ramifications of biochemical individuality in the treatment of this complex disorder. We conclude our course with “Beyond Biochemistry,” a discussion on the importance of patient collaboration, and listening more attentively to our patients, rather than merely directing them.
What You Get
The Finally Focused ADHD Intensive includes:
5 Live Group Sessions
5 group sessions with faculty for syllabus topic reviews and case discussions
3-Month Membership in PR Listserv
Access to the private listserv for collaboration, discussion, and peer support
Program includes a 3-module online course approved by AAFP for 4.0 CME Credits.
6 Hours of Lectures
Special lectures from The New England Conference on ADHD
Live Group Supervisions
Join your fellow program participants for faculty presentations on each syllabus topic, case discussions, and direct mentorship from Dr. Greenblatt during five live, interactive sessions on Zoom. All group sessions take place at 8:00 pm Eastern (please the list of dates on the right). Attendance is encouraged, but not required and all sessions are recorded and made available for future viewing.
Group supervision session dates and times are laid out in the program syllabus. All session details, including links for recommended readings on each session topic will be sent to program participants via email a week before each session. Program participants may submit cases in advance to be reviewed in the group sessions. Please note: These live group sessions are open to program participants only.
Designed By Clinicians, For Clinicians
Discover a wealth of evidence-based instruction developed and led by Dr. James Greenblatt, a psychiatrist with decades of clinical experience in functional medicine and nutritional psychiatry.
James Greenblatt, MD
A pioneer in the field of integrative medicine, James M. Greenblatt, MD, has treated patients since 1988. After receiving his medical degree and completing his psychiatry residency at George Washington University, Dr. Greenblatt completed a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Medical School. Dr. Greenblatt currently serves as the Chief Medical Officer at Walden Behavioral Care in Waltham, MA and serves as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Tufts University School of Medicine and Dartmouth College Geisel School of Medicine.
An acknowledged integrative medicine expert, educator, and author, Dr. Greenblatt has lectured internationally on the scientific evidence for nutritional interventions in psychiatry and mental illness. Through three decades of practice and research, Dr. Greenblatt is a leading contributor to helping physicians and patients understand the role of personalized medicine for mental illness.
He is the author of seven books, including Finally Focused: The Breakthrough Natural Treatment Plan for ADHD; Nutritional Lithium: A Cinderella Story; Answers to Anorexia; Integrative Medicine for Alzheimer’s; Integrative Medicine for Binge Eating; and Integrative Medicine for Depression. To learn more about Dr. Greenblatt, please visit JamesGreenblattMD.com.